Let’s have some Korean food at home.
Today I prepared some Godeungeo Jorim (Braised Mackerel with Radish). Super easy to prepare and really really yummy 😋.
Special thanks to Mr Rhee a.k.a ‘Uncle John’ from singsingmartsg for your kind hospitality. He explained every single items to me with great passions. He suggested his fave way to cook the mackerel (which I did here 😉). Btw, it’s a must to try the Ojingeochae Muchim (Spicy dried squid strips) from singsingmartsg. I couldn’t stop easting it. So good 🤤!
1 package salted mackerel fillet
1 small radish, sliced thinly
3 pcs fresh sliced ginger
1 green onions, sliced on bias
1 tbsp gochujang
1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean Red Pepper Flakes)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Some kimchi (preference)
1 cup of water
1. Arrange the radish on the pot or pan, spread them evenly.
2. Add the ginger and green onions.
3. Place the mackerel on top.
4. Pour sauce over the mackerel.
5. Pour in the water and cook half-covered for about 10 minutes.
6. Serve with some rice and side dishes.